– Thermoplastic brace for immobilization of the metacarpophalangeal joint and saddle joint of the thumb plus the distal interphalangeal joint
– Extended thumb tube with Velcro fastening at the distal interphalangeal joint
– Padded straps that can be individually positioned
– Adjustable Velcro fastening around the wrist
– Inside fully lined with textile flocking
– Extensive perforation
– Immobilization of the thumb joint
– Thermoplastic moldable at approx. 60°C
SIZES – Wrist circumference
x-small up to 5.9″ inches
small 5.9″ – 6.7″ inches
medium 6.7″ – 7.5″ inches
large 7.5″ – 8.3″ inches
This item has been discontinued.
Subtitute item is SKU # 112080 & SKU 112040
Please indicate left or right
This medical device is a brace for immobilization of the thumb.
Post-traumatic, post-operative conditions, e.g. after sprain, contusion.
Peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD), lymph drainage disorders,
also unclear soft tissue swellings distal to the aid positioned, sensory and
circulatory disorders with the region of the body treated, skin diseases in the
part of the body treated.
Application risks/Important notes
This medical device is a prescribable product. Discuss the use and duration
with your treating physician. The expert staff from whom you have received the
medical device will select the appropriate size and instruct you regarding its use.
– Important: Please do not subject the SellaFix thumb brace to direct heat or
temperatures exceeding 40°C (e.g. hot water, vehicles, the sauna, heating)
as this may result in damaging the material
– remove the medical device prior to radiological examinations
– do not close it too tightly during longer periods of rest, e.g. when sleeping
– in case of numbness, loosen the medical device and remove it if necessary
– in case of persistent complaints, consult the physician or specialist retailer
– use the medical device in accordance with therapeutic needs
– only use other products simultaneously after consultation with your physician
– do not make any changes to the product
– do not wear it on open wounds
– do not use in case of intolerance of one of the materials used
– no re-use – this medical aid is intended for treating one patient
– whilst wearing the brace, please neither use any creams nor ointments on
or around it as they can destroy the material
Please observe that the correction options provided for the SellaFix thumb
brace should be made by expert staff. The thumb brace is manufactured from
thermoplastic material which can be shaped as desired via targeted heating to
60°C, e.g. with a hot air dryer or in a water bath. Moreover, desired changes
to the shape in the edge area can be made using a pair of scissors.
Once the SellaFix has been shaped as desired, slip the brace over the wrist
and position the thumb in the thumb tube. Now, close the circumferential
fastener on the wrist, which can be adjusted steplessly using the Velcro
fastener. The padding strip is self-adhesive and can be freely positioned in the
edge area in case of pressure sores.
To remove the brace, please open the circumferential strap and slide the
80% polyester (PES), 15% polyamide (PA), 5% elastane (EL)
Hand-washing Do not clean chemically Do not bleach
Do not dry in a tumble dryer Do not iron
Do not use fabric conditioner. Dry in the fresh air